Alarm Monitoring & Response
Recon security offers professional, fast response alarm monitoring services for commercial and residential properties throughout Wellington. Recon alarm solutions enable 24/7 monitoring of your property to detect unauthorised entry and prevent costly security breaches.
Recon’s remote alarm monitoring service gives you peace of mind, ensures a rapid response by trained personnel to any security event and provides a strong deterrent to would-be burglars. Our local presence means we have plenty of response staff and vehicles available, we know the area and the likely threats, and can respond accordingly. In the event of a fire we can alert the relevant authorities and activate a fast response.
How will an alarm monitoring system improve my property security?
A security alarm monitoring system will improve the security and safety of your property by ensuring that in the event of a security breach, our licensed, experienced security response team will investigate and take any required action. The security monitoring centre is automatically notified when any of the following occur:
- Burglar alarm activation
- Smoke alarm activation
- Panic alarm activation
- Tamper alarm activation
- Alarm set or unset message
- Test message
- Alarm fault message
What are the benefits of having my security alarm monitored?
- Peace of mind – while you sleep, we watch
- Burglary protection for absentee owners
- Fire protection – the Fire Service is automatically alerted to a smoke alarm activation
- Should you activate a panic alarm, our trained staff will respond and assist as required
What types of alarms are suitable for monitoring?
Traditional alarms are connected to the monitoring centre via your land line This is a reliable and cost effective solution.
The latest technology in alarms is IP (Internet Protocol) monitoring, which allows the detection device to report events immediately, and may be the only option if you don’t have a land line. There are also options for cellular phone and GPRS systems. Read more about alarm systems here or talk to one of our installation consultants here about the best type of alarm for your situation.
How does alarm monitoring work?
Your detection devices send regular signals to our monitoring centre. In the event of a security breach, motion disturbance or smoke detection, the alarm sends the appropriate signal to the monitoring centre.
Our trained monitoring centre staff then follow a set of well documented procedures based on the type of alarm signal received. This may include calling nominated contacts, sending one of our licensed security guards to the site or alerting emergency services.
Is alarm monitoring expensive?
Basic alarm monitoring via a landline costs about $1.00 a day. Compared to the cost of a burglary, unattended fire or malicious damage this is a minimal charge.
For alarm monitoring costs via GPRS, IP or Mobile, contact us for a competitive quote
How long does it take for a security officer to respond to an alarm?
Recon Security targets a sub-10 minute response for clients. We are able to achieve this through:
- Having at least ten of our own response vehicles on the road at any time
- Running our own monitoring call centre (some companies subcontract this)
- We don’t subcontract alarm response duties, so there is no time wasted calling a secondary service provider
What makes Recon the best choice for Alarm Monitoring in Wellington?
- Locally owned
- Local knowledge
- Full alarm supply, installation, monitoring and maintenance services
- The latest technology available
- No subcontracting of alarm monitoring or alarm response services
- Sub-ten minute response time
- Our alarm technicians are qualified by BOSCH
- Our security response team are licensed and experienced to deal with any situation
Our highly trained response team take great personal pride in their work. We know how important a rapid response is to you. Talk to us now about how we can keep you and your property safe.
If you want to know more about Recon or our services click on any of the links below;